I am very specific in how I tend to my property. I use what resources I have on the property which means I mulch with pine needles, grass and leaf mulch from mowing the yard. I have a stick pile and a compost pile plus a weed pile. They all decompose returning nutrients to my property. No need to buy fertilizers!
I do not use gas powered equipment. I use handheld tools and an electric mower, that is it. I do it like this because it’s best for our local environment. Without the use of loud, stinky, gas powered equipment, our local environment is less polluted, less noisy, and healthier. Plus I get to move my body and use my muscles!
What’s involved in garden and/or landscape care?
Garden Care is not limited to the following:
- Harvest if you are away/do not have the time
- Butterfly Garden
- Fall and/or Spring seedling planting
Landscape Care is also not limited to the following:
- Light pruning
- Fall Planting
- Fall clearing beds of leaves
- Mowing grass, mulching leaves with an electric mower, small to medium yards only
- Raking leaves small yards only
- Daily visits to let chickens, cats, dogs, and maybe larger farm animals out to graze for the day
- Water & feed checked daily
- Snuggles and cuddles
- No dog walking but I have two good friends I can refer you to
What’s the cost? My per hour is $30 for garden & landscaping services. The price for homestead care while you vacation, well, that will vary because each homestead has different needs. I will come over for a free initial evaluation where you show me what you need tended to then I will draft up an estimate. Simply fill out the contact form below and I will contact you to set a date for your evaluation.